This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch 1/8] Remove gimple-low.h from the tree-ssa.h include list.
- From: Andrew MacLeod <amacleod at redhat dot com>
- To: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 15:01:49 -0400
- Subject: Re: [patch 1/8] Remove gimple-low.h from the tree-ssa.h include list.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5260856C dot 7070008 at redhat dot com> <52613980 dot 9050507 at redhat dot com> <52615D6E dot 3030404 at redhat dot com>
On 10/18/2013 12:10 PM, Jeff Law wrote:
possibly, there didn't seem to be a tree call file for call helpers, so
I went with locality :-) I will happily move it to a more appropriate
place as a follow up. cgraph.h is already a collector for the exports
for a half dozen .c file. It needs the same treatment tree-flow got.
On 10/18/13 07:37, Andrew MacLeod wrote:
I'm less sure about this one. I don't see that it clearly belongs in
either location. I could easily see it moving out of cgraph.c at some
gimple_check_call_matching_types() was being called from 3 or 4
different files,and seemed more appropriate as a cgraph routine (which
called it 3 times). So I moved that and its helper to cgraph.c.
After that, I only needed to update 4 .c files to directly include
bootstraps on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu with no new regressions. OK?
If it furthers your cleanup efforts at this time, that's fine. Just be
aware that, at least IMHO, this routine doesn't fit clearly into
either location and I wouldn't be surprised if we have to come back to
it at some point.