This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Do not append " *INTERNAL* " to the decl name
- From: Dehao Chen <dehao at google dot com>
- To: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Cary Coutant <ccoutant at google dot com>, mark at codesourcery dot com, nathan at codesourcery dot com
- Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 11:06:13 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Do not append " *INTERNAL* " to the decl name
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAO2gOZV=qW=PeEZjp37NFVHMAMwbXaCX-58Oyj=SH0B6+3izmQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAO2gOZWYQyHhtMUKvm6=ZWgngmfpGzK9Rz-NfevGiT9VfpcR8A at mail dot gmail dot com> <52583B76 dot 5010905 at redhat dot com> <CAO2gOZWEOH5rBm9qQi35G6mXXMyXFmSps-Wmt6MzczQYWQ5Y_w at mail dot gmail dot com> <52617266 dot 7000708 at redhat dot com>
On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 10:39 AM, Jason Merrill <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On 10/11/2013 01:59 PM, Dehao Chen wrote:
>> It's hard to get a testcase without
>> http://gcc.gnu.org/viewcvs/gcc?view=revision&revision=201856 because
>> none of these *INTERNAL* symbols will be emitted in debug info.
> Why does that change cause one of these symbols to be emitted? As Cary
> says, that was done as an assertion. If you're invalidating the assertion,
> I need more explanation as to why.
Sorry, pointed to the incorrect patch, it should be
These symbols will not be emitted in the symbol table in assembly, but
they will be emitted in the debug_info after
emits function's linkage name in debug_info even when it's abstract.
The *INTERNAL* assertion I removed is an over-assertion that not only
assert for symbol table, but also for debug info.