This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch tree-ssa] RFC: Enable path threading for control variables (PR tree-optimization/54742).
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: James Greenhalgh <james dot greenhalgh at arm dot com>, Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Steve Ellcey <sellcey at mips dot com>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "dnovillo at google dot com" <dnovillo at google dot com>, "amacleod at redhat dot com" <amacleod at redhat dot com>, "ook at ucw dot cz" <ook at ucw dot cz>, "sellcey at imgtec dot com" <sellcey at imgtec dot com>
- Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 09:27:08 -0600
- Subject: Re: [Patch tree-ssa] RFC: Enable path threading for control variables (PR tree-optimization/54742).
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1371233239 dot 12204 dot 285 dot camel at ubuntu-sellcey> <1371647944-9788-1-git-send-email-james dot greenhalgh at arm dot com> <1371666799 dot 1804 dot 55 dot camel at ubuntu-sellcey> <20130621164330 dot GA23747 at arm dot com> <1371849708 dot 1804 dot 82 dot camel at ubuntu-sellcey> <CAFiYyc06hSV_R+4mKTFzYz8H4HHxxy+B5KAHwS+aZBWNsC=+TQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <20131018110548 dot GA28165 at arm dot com>
On 10/18/13 05:05, James Greenhalgh wrote:
Not sure if I'd use the term elegant :-) My solution is certainly more
general though. There's still a couple rounds of staging bits as I
clean up the rough edges.
On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 11:55:08AM +0100, Richard Biener wrote:
I suppose with Jeffs recent work on jump-threading through paths
this case in handled and the patch in this thread is obsolete or can
Yes, this patch is now obsolete, Jeff's solution is much more
The need to store a full thread path to get SSA graph update correct in
cases where we have a joiner block, followed by multiple threadable
blocks without side effects, followed by a threadable block with side
effects was unexpected.