This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH][i386]Fix PR 57756
- From: Mike Stump <mikestump at comcast dot net>
- To: Sriraman Tallam <tmsriram at google dot com>
- Cc: Michael Meissner <meissner at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>, Steve Ellcey <sellcey at mips dot com>, Diego Novillo <dnovillo at google dot com>, David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, David Edelsohn <dje at gcc dot gnu dot org>, David Li <davidxl at google dot com>, Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 17:26:27 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][i386]Fix PR 57756
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAD_=9DRW+3ZrSa8mqqCdLrSHODHeKzx6uUV4EkgX6O1EQaOm9Q at mail dot gmail dot com> <1382027306 dot 2558 dot 16 dot camel at ubuntu-sellcey> <20131017165206 dot GA25894 at ibm-tiger dot the-meissners dot org> <CAAs8Hmz2iRtgbPVBqSqvU+1XHbChhzigHmXEscU6rPrbMDYysg at mail dot gmail dot com> <16677523-21ED-4FC8-B668-32233B329808 at comcast dot net> <CAAs8Hmx_NeMyj-Dd_vXuvgaRm460=kmhEZuwAOaOYUzg3Ga=1A at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAAs8HmyzU7VfAoEVUdqvqWDTSKLJzYfeP38H4+2XUayQPSFNtA at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Oct 17, 2013, at 4:51 PM, Sriraman Tallam <email@example.com> wrote:
> I am running cross-compile builds on all the 33 failing targets. Like
> Mike said, it is only taking a few minutes per target. If there is no
> objection, I *will check in* this patch in another 2 hours provided
> all 33 targets succeed. This will atleast unblock all targets.
So, I'd test 4 of the most important targets with the change and check it in after they work. 4*2, is 8 minutes… you can then check all, and then resolve any other issues as you fine them. The idea is, once you set the world on fire, it is nicer to throw water on it quickly so others don't feel burned. If vax-coff doesn't work for 2 hours, well, don't worry too much about it.