This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch] Fix undefined behaviors in regex
- From: Tim Shen <timshen91 at gmail dot com>
- To: Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>
- Cc: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, Marek Polacek <polacek at redhat dot com>, "libstdc++" <libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 14:54:39 -0400
- Subject: Re: [Patch] Fix undefined behaviors in regex
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAPrifD=a7-RxtmyAxVJaTV9xjd9fEousVYM-DeEb=MqFPd4oTw at mail dot gmail dot com> <525F0FA5 dot 9040709 at oracle dot com> <CAPrifDnpdN_rRDSDkAy+R_kzmDunF=H7EfN30OgTJYqD=D=X6w at mail dot gmail dot com> <525F1444 dot 5080500 at oracle dot com> <CAPrifDnJzn4WAbTBW=PfGEgW6WiV+BnKF07ZHjWAd8-rji92cA at mail dot gmail dot com> <525F1652 dot 4050405 at oracle dot com> <CAPrifD=1S2nYEz5=ihNuwa2QbY-4cmQ9eA8E9dpd+jO4GRn8dg at mail dot gmail dot com> <20131017071241 dot GF10967 at redhat dot com> <20131017071704 dot GA30970 at tucnak dot zalov dot cz> <525FA7E9 dot 5090905 at oracle dot com>
On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 5:03 AM, Paolo Carlini <email@example.com> wrote:
>> Though, in the above case, the question is why people ignore warnings from
>> the compiler and need to have special runtime instrumentation to remind them
>> instead. I'm not objecting to that sanitization, only find it weird.
That's my fault, I forgot that compiling code included from libstdc++
doesn't generate warnings. Then I try to get all warnings, and indeed
get the missing-return-statement one.