This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH][i386]Fix PR 57756
- From: Steve Ellcey <sellcey at mips dot com>
- To: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at google dot com>
- Cc: David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>, Sriraman Tallam <tmsriram at google dot com>, Michael Meissner <meissner at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, David Edelsohn <dje at gcc dot gnu dot org>, David Li <davidxl at google dot com>, Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 09:28:26 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][i386]Fix PR 57756
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAD_=9DRW+3ZrSa8mqqCdLrSHODHeKzx6uUV4EkgX6O1EQaOm9Q at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Thu, 2013-10-17 at 06:03 -0700, Diego Novillo wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 6:06 PM, David Edelsohn <email@example.com> wrote:
> > How is Google going to change its patch commit policies to ensure that
> > this does not happen again?
> There is nothing to change. Google follows
> http://gcc.gnu.org/contribute.html, like everyone else. Sri just fixed
> the oversight and if there is any other fallout from his patch, he
> will address it.
> I don't see anything out of the ordinary here.
FYI: I just want to make sure everyone is aware that there are still
broken targets. rs6000 may be fixed but mips still doesn't work and
I presume other platforms like sparc are also still broken.
function 'void cpp_atomic_builtins(cpp_reader*)':
/local/home/sellcey/nightly_full/src/gcc/gcc/c-family/c-cppbuiltin.c:594:7: error: 'target_flags_explicit' was not declared in this scope
/local/home/sellcey/nightly_full/src/gcc/gcc/c-family/c-cppbuiltin.c:606:7: error: 'target_flags_explicit' was not declared in this scope
/local/home/sellcey/nightly_full/src/gcc/gcc/c-family/c-cppbuiltin.c:618:7: error: 'target_flags_explicit' was not declared in this scope
/local/home/sellcey/nightly_full/src/gcc/gcc/c-family/c-cppbuiltin.c:630:7: error: 'target_flags_explicit' was not declared in this scope
make: *** [c-family/c-cppbuiltin.o] Error 1
Sriraman, are you looking at how to fix this globally or are the target
maintainers expected to fix this? Currently I am using this one line
patch to get things building, but I presume this is not what we want
% git diff opth-gen.awk
diff --git a/gcc/opth-gen.awk b/gcc/opth-gen.awk
index 01c5ab6..46bd570 100644
@@ -114,6 +114,7 @@ print "};"
print "extern struct gcc_options global_options;"
print "extern const struct gcc_options global_options_init;"
print "extern struct gcc_options global_options_set;"
+print "#define target_flags_explicit global_options_set.x_target_flag