This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] reimplement -fstrict-volatile-bitfields v4, part 2/2
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- To: Bernd Edlinger <bernd dot edlinger at hotmail dot de>
- Cc: sandra at codesourcery dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, richard dot guenther at gmail dot com
- Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 19:46:06 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] reimplement -fstrict-volatile-bitfields v4, part 2/2
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <52463D60 dot 8040607 at codesourcery dot com>,<201309302018 dot r8UKIU9g004905 at greed dot delorie dot com> <DUB122-W29B621BE86DA0D30377F19E41D0 at phx dot gbl>
> As it looks like, the -fstrict-volatile-bitfields are already totally broken,
I tested your example on rl78-elf, with and without
-fstrict-volatile-bitfields, and it generates correct code with it and
incorrect code without it. Same for m32c-elf. Same for h8300-elf.
Seems to be working OK for me.
Either way, if -fstrict-volatile-bitfields does not do what it's
supposed to do, the correct action is to fix it - not to disable it on
targets that rely on it for correct operation.