This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, powerpc] PR target/58673: Fix power8 quad memory/no-vsx-timode interaction (revised)
- From: Michael Meissner <meissner at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Michael Meissner <meissner at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 15:08:30 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, powerpc] PR target/58673: Fix power8 quad memory/no-vsx-timode interaction (revised)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20131011182537 dot GA6220 at ibm-tiger dot the-meissners dot org> <20131011184326 dot GA12021 at ibm-tiger dot the-meissners dot org> <CAGWvnykBpuHyO_asiApJxiWUwhGDG_B5LxqDVaoYAmHSGgTmTA at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 08:51:15PM -0400, David Edelsohn wrote:
> As Ken Zadeck and Richard Sandiford noticed this morning, the "F"
> constraint seems to be a cut-and-paste error because the "F"
> constraint corresponds to an immediate scalar or vector float value,
> which never will match TImode. Should this constraint be "n"?
> The GCC testsuite apparently is missing a test to ensure that a large
> TImode immediate value can be loaded on targets that support int128_t.
I'll try "n". It probably should be something that allows CONST_DOUBLE ints as
well as CONST_INT.
Michael Meissner, IBM
IBM, M/S 2506R, 550 King Street, Littleton, MA 01460, USA
email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: +1 (978) 899-4797