This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Enhance ifcombine to recover non short circuit branches
- From: Marc Glisse <marc dot glisse at inria dot fr>
- To: Zhenqiang Chen <zhenqiang dot chen at linaro dot org>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 13:52:22 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Enhance ifcombine to recover non short circuit branches
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CACgzC7AbQLh+uv=vzC51DiHjZZn12yEjvtrcyo61z7KjeYCe7Q at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
On Wed, 16 Oct 2013, Zhenqiang Chen wrote:
The patch enhances ifcombine pass to recover some non short circuit
branches. Basically, it will do the following transformation:
if (cond1 && cond2)
it might be more clear if you wrote (cond1 & cond2) so it can't be
confused with a short-circuit?
Using branch probabilities to guide the decision would be nice, don't know
how hard that would be though.