This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Add --enable-host-shared configuration option
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: David Malcolm <dmalcolm at redhat dot com>, "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 10:17:17 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add --enable-host-shared configuration option
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1381364733-32475-1-git-send-email-dmalcolm at redhat dot com> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1310100104340 dot 12619 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <1381523083 dot 30976 dot 76 dot camel at surprise> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1310112045160 dot 5638 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <1381524567 dot 30976 dot 79 dot camel at surprise>
On 10/11/13 14:49, David Malcolm wrote:
On Fri, 2013-10-11 at 20:45 +0000, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
On Fri, 11 Oct 2013, David Malcolm wrote:
On Thu, 2013-10-10 at 01:05 +0000, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
On Wed, 9 Oct 2013, David Malcolm wrote:
This patch adds an "--enable-host-shared" option throughout the various
configure/Make machinery for host code, adding "-fPIC" where appropriate
Please document this in install.texi (even if it isn't particularly useful
at the stage where it just means PIC rather than actual shared libraries).
How does the following look:
* doc/install.texi (--enable-shared): Add note contrasting it
(--enable-host-shared): ...new option.
Seems reasonable to me.
Thanks. Presumably the initially posted configure/make patch still
needs review, right?
Yes. I'm looking at it now.