This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH v4 04/20] add configury
- From: Paolo Bonzini <bonzini at gnu dot org>
- To: Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer dot com>
- Cc: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 08:27:04 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v4 04/20] add configury
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1379945520-3839-1-git-send-email-tromey at redhat dot com> <1379945520-3839-5-git-send-email-tromey at redhat dot com> <alpine dot LNX dot 2 dot 00 dot 1309272239160 dot 2211 at trevally dot site> <52492C0A dot 4030505 at gnu dot org> <alpine dot LNX dot 2 dot 00 dot 1310150020400 dot 2211 at trevally dot site>
Il 15/10/2013 00:28, Gerald Pfeifer ha scritto:
> - The problem is not actually the set of flags being used. On a
> different tester clang is the bootstrap compiler, and this is
> also the one invoked for `gmake install`. If anything, shouldn't
> the just built compiler be used _if_ anything is left to compile?
Yes---but then, the question remains as to why anything is built at all.