This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: [PATCH] Fix PR58682
- From: "Paulo Matos" <pmatos at broadcom dot com>
- To: "Kyrill Tkachov" <kyrylo dot tkachov at arm dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 10:21:32 +0000
- Subject: RE: [PATCH] Fix PR58682
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <19EB96622A777C4AB91610E763265F462D833C at SJEXCHMB14 dot corp dot ad dot broadcom dot com> <5256D283 dot 7090000 at arm dot com> <19EB96622A777C4AB91610E763265F462D97A9 at SJEXCHMB14 dot corp dot ad dot broadcom dot com>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: email@example.com [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] On
> Behalf Of Paulo Matos
> Sent: 11 October 2013 08:55
> To: Kyrill Tkachov
> Cc: email@example.com
> Subject: RE: [PATCH] Fix PR58682
> Thanks, fixed patch attached.
> Working on how to submit a testcase for this given that I need to submit 5
> files + compile with profile-generate + execute + compile with profile-use to
> generate the ICE.
> Paulo Matos
OK, testcase generated. Patch attached but there are a few issues and need some comments.
* The test includes 6 additional sources and 3 headers. This feels like it pollutes the test
directory a lot. Should I at least submit preprocessed sources, so that the headers disappear?
* The sources come from CoreMark, does anybody know if their license allows us to include this
test in GCC? Also, the code if formatted with CoreMark formatting, should I just use indent to
properly format the patch?
* Last, but not least, this patch only causes an ICE on 4_8, but not because trunk is fixed.
Instead trunk generates edge counts in such a way that they never happen to be higher than max_count
when a call is inlined. Is it still worth it to get it into trunk (even though trunk should
still be patched?)
$ make -j8 RUNTESTFLAGS="tree-prof.exp=core_list_join.c" check-gcc
FAIL: gcc.dg/tree-prof/core_list_join.c compilation, -fprofile-use -D_PROFILE_USE (internal compiler error)
=== gcc Summary ===
# of expected passes 2
# of unexpected failures 1
# of unresolved testcases 1
/projects/firepath_tools1_scratch/pmatos/tmp/GCC/builds/gcc-4_8/gcc/xgcc version 4.8.2 20131010 (prerelease) (GCC)