This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, PR 57748] Check for out of bounds access, Part 2
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- To: Bernd Edlinger <bernd dot edlinger at hotmail dot de>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Martin Jambor <mjambor at suse dot cz>, Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2013 10:21:29 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, PR 57748] Check for out of bounds access, Part 2
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20130910193228 dot GE6732 at virgil dot suse> <1904797 dot t1eZvAFnR3 at polaris> <DUB122-W45BEADCF7ADEF6D516694CE4190 at phx dot gbl>
> Would you agree that this "error: flexible array member"
> should also be emitted for a zero-sized array member,
> maybe as "error: zero-sized array member not at end of struct"?
I would have answered yes when zero-sized arrays where introduced, but it's
far less clear a couple of decades later IMO.