This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [google gcc-4_8] increase builtin_expect probability in loop exit test
- From: Rong Xu <xur at google dot com>
- To: Xinliang David Li <davidxl at google dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>
- Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 14:32:34 -0700
- Subject: Re: [google gcc-4_8] increase builtin_expect probability in loop exit test
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAF1bQ=Qne1ScX9q6w19nyVUGUEDKaFADY7gz46i3ox50LvLGfg at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAAkRFZLa2HcFWtQF1Okt2nt8HHR==maX-FnVhSi3JiWwfH9uVQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
I want to differentiate the cases w/o and w/ builtin.
If I take the max, they will be the same (91%).
On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 2:26 PM, Xinliang David Li <email@example.com> wrote:
> Why this 'percent += 4' instead of taking the max?
> On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 2:10 PM, Rong Xu <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> The trunk version of this patch is submitted for review.
>> David: can we have this patch for google/gcc-4_8 branch first?
>> It tested with regression and google internal benchmarks.