This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] Fix altivec-7.C testsuite failure due to vector name mangling.
- From: Mike Stump <mikestump at comcast dot net>
- To: Brooks Moses <bmoses at google dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, aldyh at redhat dot com, dje dot gcc at gmail dot com, Paul Pluzhnikov <ppluzhnikov at google dot com>
- Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 14:16:09 -0700
- Subject: Re: [patch] Fix altivec-7.C testsuite failure due to vector name mangling.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAOxa4KpAR4+mmD_u2mcVXH=XFE1ZaTMePWhqsVAbyQ7AHwwjwQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Oct 11, 2013, at 11:55 AM, Brooks Moses <email@example.com> wrote:
> This patch fixes the failure by adjusting the test to look for the
> names using the standard mangling. It passes with all ABI versions;
> the compiler always emits the standard symbols, and with versions 1,
> 2, and 3 it also emits duplicate symbols with the old mangling.
> Ok to commit?
For those that want to see additional testing, they can always split it and run it once with -fabi-version=2, and once with =4; if they care enough.