This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Add --enable-host-shared configuration option
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: David Malcolm <dmalcolm at redhat dot com>
- Cc: <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 20:45:23 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add --enable-host-shared configuration option
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1381364733-32475-1-git-send-email-dmalcolm at redhat dot com> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1310100104340 dot 12619 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <1381523083 dot 30976 dot 76 dot camel at surprise>
On Fri, 11 Oct 2013, David Malcolm wrote:
> On Thu, 2013-10-10 at 01:05 +0000, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> > On Wed, 9 Oct 2013, David Malcolm wrote:
> > > This patch adds an "--enable-host-shared" option throughout the various
> > > configure/Make machinery for host code, adding "-fPIC" where appropriate
> > > when enabled.
> > Please document this in install.texi (even if it isn't particularly useful
> > at the stage where it just means PIC rather than actual shared libraries).
> How does the following look:
> * doc/install.texi (--enable-shared): Add note contrasting it
> (--enable-host-shared): ...new option.
Seems reasonable to me.
Joseph S. Myers