This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [AArch64] Fix early-clobber operands to vtbx[1,3]
- From: Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at gmail dot com>
- To: James Greenhalgh <james dot greenhalgh at arm dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 19:52:48 +0100
- Subject: Re: [AArch64] Fix early-clobber operands to vtbx[1,3]
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1381509929-23284-1-git-send-email-james dot greenhalgh at arm dot com>
On 11 October 2013 17:45, James Greenhalgh <email@example.com> wrote:
> The vtbx intrinsics are implemented in assembly without noting
> that their tmp1 operand is early-clobber. This can, when the
> wind blows the wrong way, result in us making a total mess of
> the state of registers.
> Fix by marking the required operands as early-clobber.
> Regression tested against aarch64.exp with no problems.
OK, and back port to 4.8 please.