This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, PR 57748] Check for out of bounds access, Part 2
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- To: Bernd Edlinger <bernd dot edlinger at hotmail dot de>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Martin Jambor <mjambor at suse dot cz>, Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 19:15:25 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, PR 57748] Check for out of bounds access, Part 2
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20130910193228 dot GE6732 at virgil dot suse> <2243204 dot JyA3NMmzTd at polaris> <DUB122-W20E1531389D7EDA3529F6FE41C0 at phx dot gbl>
> That would definitely be a good move. Maybe someone should approve it?
Yes, but I agree that we ought to restrict it to trailing zero-sized arrays.
That would help to allay Jakub's concerns about possible ABI fallouts.