This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patch: Add #pragma ivdep support to the ME and C FE
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Tobias Burnus <burnus at net-b dot de>
- Cc: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, gcc patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Richard Biener <rguenther at suse dot de>
- Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 15:58:46 +0000
- Subject: Re: Patch: Add #pragma ivdep support to the ME and C FE
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5253AB86 dot 7060505 at net-b dot de> <20131008070139 dot GO30970 at tucnak dot zalov dot cz> <52547051 dot 40601 at net-b dot de> <20131008211514 dot GJ30970 at tucnak dot zalov dot cz> <52566924 dot 9080909 at net-b dot de>
On Thu, 10 Oct 2013, Tobias Burnus wrote:
> Joseph: Could you have a look at the C part? Thanks!
Your error "missing loop condition loop with IVDEP pragma" should, I
think, say "loop condition in loop". Since the pragma is "ivdep"
(case-sensitive), it should also say %<ivdep%> not IVDEP. This
restriction should be clarified in the documentation, which could do with
examples. There should be at least one execution test for correct
execution of loops with this pragma, and at least one test for this
diagnostic. The documentation refers to "safelen" which sounds like
implementation terminology; this is the user manual and needs to describe
things in user terms, not in terms of the implementation.
Joseph S. Myers