This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PING] 3 patches waiting for approval/review
- From: Andreas Krebbel <krebbel at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 12:00:11 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PING] 3 patches waiting for approval/review
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20130821092143 dot GA19762 at bart> <5255B296 dot 6000405 at redhat dot com>
On 09/10/13 21:46, Jeff Law wrote:
> On 08/21/13 03:21, Andreas Krebbel wrote:
>> [RFC] Allow functions calling mcount before prologue to be leaf functions
> I don't think this is necessarily correct for all targets. ISTM the
> ability to consider a function calling mcount as a leaf needs to be a
> property of the target.
We have already "profile_before_prologue" as a target property. Shouldn't this be enough to decide
upon this? When a function calls mcount before the prologue it shouldn't matter whether the function
is leaf or not.