This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [C++ Patch] PR 58633
- From: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- To: Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2013 09:56:52 -0400
- Subject: Re: [C++ Patch] PR 58633
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <525459D9 dot 1020601 at oracle dot com> <52548F36 dot 4050800 at oracle dot com>
On 10/08/2013 07:03 PM, Paolo Carlini wrote:
.. a curiosity: the cp_parser_commit_to_tentative_parse at the end of
cp_parser_pseudo_destructor_name, which didn't exist in 4.6.x and we can
consider the root of this issue, is also my fault:
From a different angle, I'm happy of the outcome of this detective
work, because it means that the parser_commit isn't there for
correctness: not performing it in some cases shouldn't be a big issue.
Yeah. I don't understand why cp_parser_commit_to_tentative_parse
commits all levels, rather than just the current one as the comment
seems to suggest. Mark, do you remember anything about that decision?