This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] Fix PR middle-end/58570
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- To: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2013 14:56:52 +0200
- Subject: Re: [patch] Fix PR middle-end/58570
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <18178507 dot ChivVPE93z at polaris> <3620320 dot DVyd1tvURs at polaris> <CAFiYyc2JD_giDkYRvh4Z3D2yYBAJD1jFK32msH_zCPhYU_Hiyw at mail dot gmail dot com>
> Well, ok. Please adjust the comment
> + /* Different fields of the same record type cannot overlap, unless
> they + are both bitfields and we are at the RTL level. */
> to sth like
> ??? Bitfields can overlap at RTL level so punt if we end up at
> or sth similar.
> You don't check whether we are at the RTL level after all (not that this
> would be appropriate).
Yes, I was sure that you would have criticized that even more ;-)