This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] Add tree-ssa-loop.h and friends.
- From: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- To: Andrew MacLeod <amacleod at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2013 12:21:52 +0200
- Subject: Re: [patch] Add tree-ssa-loop.h and friends.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <524CD236 dot 1010009 at redhat dot com> <CAFiYyc2VdYFwQssxnKHcA9k8hnKWPgrxFV7Hra-MawVSJio0Xw at mail dot gmail dot com> <5252B9AF dot 8050103 at redhat dot com> <CAFiYyc3WDepCAH_SSMEJrkVmMXqFdJUsjL8buvs8+Dm2-Ez76g at mail dot gmail dot com> <5253EEB2 dot 6030600 at redhat dot com> <5253FC21 dot 1020602 at redhat dot com> <52540182 dot 7060604 at redhat dot com> <CAFiYyc3iohx_E9KGg6GXgMWWDnxwjG+Qi6cpGt2nwUGkW4O4ug at mail dot gmail dot com> <5254138B dot 7040809 at redhat dot com>
On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 4:15 PM, Andrew MacLeod <email@example.com> wrote:
> On 10/08/2013 09:18 AM, Richard Biener wrote:
>> On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 2:58 PM, Andrew MacLeod <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>>>> I just took a quick stab at it... I think its pretty involved and
>>>> with better loop comprehension should probably look at the followup of
>>>> removing that requirement. estimate_numbers_of_iterations_loop() in
>>>> particular uses last_stmt(), so it requires gimple.. and there is
>>>> of gimple specific stuff all through it... I have no idea how this is
>>>> suppose to work for rtl.
>>>> This is the way it is now, so at least by including that header, it
>>>> exposes the hidden problem and either I can revisit it later, or someone
>>>> else can tackle that. it seems *really* messy.
>>>> OK as is for now?
>>> heh, make it available, and it will get used :-) It hasn't been this
>>> way that long.
>> Well, that's just accessing already computed and preserved max-iteration.
>> That is, the accessors used by loop-*.c should probably be moved to
> huh, deeper than I intended to go but not too bad. OK... how about this
> as an add-on to the previous patch. I'd just check in the combination all
> at once. A couple of the functions needed to be separated... so I created
> get_estimated_loop_iterations() and get_max_loop_iterations()... hopefully I
> did that right. basically I pulled out everything but the scev estimating,a
> dn left that in the original. This bootstraps, and regression tests are
> Assuming it all works out, is this ok?
YEs, that looks good.