This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [c++-concepts] constrained friends redux
- From: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- To: Andrew Sutton <andrew dot n dot sutton at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2013 13:18:54 -0400
- Subject: Re: [c++-concepts] constrained friends redux
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CANq5SytP8Xsnrk-Zb=po4_gjRXcaAORcR2oWy1c6aVM8GWEwSw at mail dot gmail dot com> <524C4ED9 dot 5030407 at redhat dot com> <CANq5Sysm8ghK_4K=ogUMzOQLYiRW3ymEHJzns39g=0e2JuDVEQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 10/04/2013 09:20 AM, Andrew Sutton wrote:
>Perhaps you mean that it must match a fully-instantiated function, so any
>constraints on the templates were considered during
This seems like a simple comment fix, but there's a longer explanation
of what I want (see below). Would this be more appropriate?
// Do not allow constrained friend template specializations.
The intent is stronger than to say it must match something.
By "must" I meant that whatever it matches could only be a
But I guess the main reason for disallowing constraints here is the same
as for explicit specializations and non-template functions;
non-dependent constraints don't really make any sense.