This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch] Internal functions for testsuite in regex
- From: Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>
- To: Tim Shen <timshen91 at gmail dot com>, libstdc++ <libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2013 18:30:59 +0200
- Subject: Re: [Patch] Internal functions for testsuite in regex
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAPrifDmLY-=nJa8dNcsduTgWN2fT1PJ7bu9JEDqYdQCcyqC2JA at mail dot gmail dot com> <524EE6F2 dot 3080906 at oracle dot com> <524EE971 dot 6020904 at oracle dot com>
.. a final one: if you don't like all those *_debug functions around,
both in rehex.h and regex.tcc, you could move all of them to a new
header matching the new naming scheme, like regex_debug.h. For the time
being I would recommend putting it in bits/, installing it, including it
from <regex>, exactly like all the other regex bits.
A completely different option, which I also like a lot in fact, would be
putting the new *_testsuite functions inside the already existing
testsuite/util/testsuite/regex.h. There you would use namespace
__gnu_test, would not require strict uglification, etc.