This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Copyright years for new old ports (Re: Ping^6: contribute Synopsys Designware ARC port)
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Joern Rennecke <joern dot rennecke at embecosm dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2013 21:10:16 +0000
- Subject: Re: Copyright years for new old ports (Re: Ping^6: contribute Synopsys Designware ARC port)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20130928095442 dot dpsqk8x5440k4ko0-nzlynne at webmail dot spamcop dot net> <CAD_=9DR6pD7DdmO5b6U5tip92Xx6zkcgkjE77+8Vr7C8uNayHQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <20131001172613 dot 53fb0h5s84g8wkcc-nzlynne at webmail dot spamcop dot net> <524B4B2E dot 5090808 at redhat dot com> <20131002062024 dot GI30970 at tucnak dot zalov dot cz> <20131002060514 dot 5zm671kjj4k0kgs8-nzlynne at webmail dot spamcop dot net>
On Wed, 2 Oct 2013, Joern Rennecke wrote:
> From my understanding, the condition for adding the current Copyright year
> without a source code change is to have a release in that year. Are we
> sure 4.9.0 will be released this year?
"release" here includes availability of a development version in public
version control, as well as snapshots and non-FSF releases. The effect is
that if the first copyright year in a GCC source file is 1987 or later, a
single range <year>-2013 can be used.
Joseph S. Myers