This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Make the 2 versions of delete more similar
- From: Marc Glisse <marc dot glisse at inria dot fr>
- To: Christopher Jefferson <chris at bubblescope dot net>
- Cc: libstdc++ <libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 15:59:21 +0300 (EEST)
- Subject: Re: Make the 2 versions of delete more similar
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 02 dot 1310021043470 dot 13176 at stedding dot saclay dot inria dot fr> <CA+jCFLs8HppE+A5Vaxn_53C7CQ6xMS=K8Q7QUtaSGv=ree5r1A at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Wed, 2 Oct 2013, Christopher Jefferson wrote:
On 2 October 2013 13:28, Marc Glisse <email@example.com> wrote:
I don't understand why those 2 files differ by more than 1 extra argument,
so I am changing that.
Bootstrap and testsuite on x86_64.
2013-10-03 Marc Glisse <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* libsupc++/del_op.cc (operator delete): Don't test for 0 before
Just checking, for the nervous:
Is the plan that this change will not effect any code behaviour (as
correct implementations of free are happy to take a NULL pointer, and
not do anything)?
Yes. As far as I can tell from the logs, there was a massive change from
if(p)free(p) to just free(p) that missed this file, while the patch on how
to declare free missed the other.