This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [wwwdocs] Mention ubsan in 4.9 changes.html
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer dot com>
- To: Marek Polacek <polacek at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2013 17:07:28 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: [wwwdocs] Mention ubsan in 4.9 changes.html
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20130919151234 dot GI15960 at redhat dot com>
On Thu, 19 Sep 2013, Marek Polacek wrote:
> Maybe it'd be worth noting in changes.html that GCC now has the
Not just maybe! :-)
> --- www/htdocs/gcc-4.9/changes.html.mp 2013-09-19 16:54:32.113724993 +0200
> +++ www/htdocs/gcc-4.9/changes.html 2013-09-19 17:07:05.418030738 +0200
> + <li>UndefinedBehaviorSanitizer, a fast undefined behavior detector,
> + has been added and can be enabled via <code>-fsanitize=undefined</code>.
> + Various computations will be instrumented to detect undefined behavior
> + at runtime. UndefinedBehaviorSanitizer is currently available for C
> + and C++ languages.
"for the C and C++ languages"
Is ubsan a common abbreviation? If so, you may want to mention it,
for example in parenthesis after the first word. Otherwise, okay
as is (with the extra "the" above).
PS: Actually, wouldn't this be worth a news item on the GCC main