This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Ping] [PATCH GCC] Tweak gimple-ssa-strength-reduction.c:backtrace_base_for_ref () to cover different cases as seen on AArch64
- From: Yufeng Zhang <Yufeng dot Zhang at arm dot com>
- To: Bill Schmidt <wschmidt at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>, Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Bin Cheng <Bin dot Cheng at arm dot com>, "dominiq at lps dot ens dot fr" <dominiq at lps dot ens dot fr>
- Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2013 09:51:19 +0100
- Subject: Re: [Ping] [PATCH GCC] Tweak gimple-ssa-strength-reduction.c:backtrace_base_for_ref () to cover different cases as seen on AArch64
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <522F4092 dot 1040100 at arm dot com> <CAFiYyc2vk5AczEHFy=etHkB_aCKhOziamYj7kRxmpnAcb461VA at mail dot gmail dot com> <1378903160 dot 3730 dot 38 dot camel at gnopaine> <5242CAEE dot 5010700 at arm dot com>
On 09/25/13 12:37, Yufeng Zhang wrote:
Please find the updated version of the patch in the attachment. It has
addressed the previous comments and also included some changes in order
to pass the bootstrapping on x86_64.
It's also passed the regtest on arm-none-eabi and aarch64-none-elf.
It will also fix the test failure as reported here:
OK for the trunk?
* gimple-ssa-strength-reduction.c (safe_to_multiply_p): New
(backtrace_base_for_ref): Call get_unwidened, check 'base_in'
again and set unwidend_p with true; call safe_to_multiply_p to
unsafe unwidened cases.
* gcc.dg/tree-ssa/slsr-40.c: New test.
On 09/11/13 13:39, Bill Schmidt wrote:
On Wed, 2013-09-11 at 10:32 +0200, Richard Biener wrote:
On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 5:53 PM, Yufeng Zhang<Yufeng.Zhang@arm.com> wrote:
Following Bin's patch in
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2013-09/msg00695.html, this patch tweaks
backtrace_base_for_ref () to strip of any widening conversion after the
first TREE_CODE check fails. Without this patch, the test
(gcc.dg/tree-ssa/slsr-39.c) in Bin's patch will fail on AArch64, as
backtrace_base_for_ref () will stop if not seeing an ssa_name since the tree
code can be nop_expr instead.
Regtested on arm and aarch64; still bootstrapping x86_64.
OK for the trunk if the x86_64 bootstrap succeeds?
Please add a testcase.
Also, the comment "Strip of" should read "Strip off". Otherwise I have