This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch] Add missing profile updates to jump threading code
- From: Teresa Johnson <tejohnson at google dot com>
- To: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>
- Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:12:00 -0700
- Subject: Re: [Patch] Add missing profile updates to jump threading code
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAAe5K+Xb6cPZnsXXYdNS2U-sjJOhCt5SU0T0JM3qTm7zcsbXdQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <5249CC05 dot 4000507 at redhat dot com> <5249D9D0 dot 50301 at redhat dot com> <CAAe5K+V5Hx6VAfL4gUzUoc=KhHz_XOrVNHQM9AsDu5E=o2FEXA at mail dot gmail dot com>
Nevermind - see that you did this already. Thanks!
On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 1:11 PM, Teresa Johnson <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Oh, I can do that right now if you want - let me know if you haven't
> hit the trigger yet. Thanks,
> On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 1:06 PM, Jeff Law <email@example.com> wrote:
>> On 09/30/13 13:07, Jeff Law wrote:
>>> On 09/30/13 12:52, Teresa Johnson wrote:
>>>> The jump threading handling in the case of a joiner block was not
>>>> profile information (it was being updated in the non-joiner case). Added
>>>> profile updates for the joiner case, in one place by commoning the
>>>> handling between the joiner and non-joiner cases.
>>>> Bootstrapped and tested on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu. Ok for trunk?
>>>> 2013-09-30 Teresa Johnson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>>>> * tree-ssa-threadupdate.c (ssa_fix_duplicate_block_edges):
>>>> Update redirected out edge count in joiner case.
>>>> (ssa_redirect_edges): Common the joiner and non-joiner cases
>>>> so that joiner case gets profile updates.
>>>> * testsuite/gcc.dg/tree-ssa/ssa-dom-thread-3.c (expand_one_var):
>>>> Update for additional dump message.
>>> Thanks for the fix & cleanup. OK for the trunk.
>> BTW, I'm going to go ahead and check this in -- it's conflicts with a patch
>> that I was trying to wrap up today...
> Teresa Johnson | Software Engineer | email@example.com | 408-460-2413
Teresa Johnson | Software Engineer | firstname.lastname@example.org | 408-460-2413