This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch] Add missing profile updates to jump threading code
- From: Teresa Johnson <tejohnson at google dot com>
- To: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>
- Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:11:05 -0700
- Subject: Re: [Patch] Add missing profile updates to jump threading code
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAAe5K+Xb6cPZnsXXYdNS2U-sjJOhCt5SU0T0JM3qTm7zcsbXdQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <5249CC05 dot 4000507 at redhat dot com> <5249D9D0 dot 50301 at redhat dot com>
Oh, I can do that right now if you want - let me know if you haven't
hit the trigger yet. Thanks,
On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 1:06 PM, Jeff Law <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On 09/30/13 13:07, Jeff Law wrote:
>> On 09/30/13 12:52, Teresa Johnson wrote:
>>> The jump threading handling in the case of a joiner block was not
>>> profile information (it was being updated in the non-joiner case). Added
>>> profile updates for the joiner case, in one place by commoning the
>>> handling between the joiner and non-joiner cases.
>>> Bootstrapped and tested on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu. Ok for trunk?
>>> 2013-09-30 Teresa Johnson <email@example.com>
>>> * tree-ssa-threadupdate.c (ssa_fix_duplicate_block_edges):
>>> Update redirected out edge count in joiner case.
>>> (ssa_redirect_edges): Common the joiner and non-joiner cases
>>> so that joiner case gets profile updates.
>>> * testsuite/gcc.dg/tree-ssa/ssa-dom-thread-3.c (expand_one_var):
>>> Update for additional dump message.
>> Thanks for the fix & cleanup. OK for the trunk.
> BTW, I'm going to go ahead and check this in -- it's conflicts with a patch
> that I was trying to wrap up today...
Teresa Johnson | Software Engineer | firstname.lastname@example.org | 408-460-2413