This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: cost model patch
- From: Xinliang David Li <davidxl at google dot com>
- To: Kyrill Tkachov <kyrylo dot tkachov at arm dot com>
- Cc: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 08:26:42 -0700
- Subject: Re: cost model patch
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAAkRFZ+_9YLa-EGF1xzrgW6QRh+So1bTo_njyjUPXj9S_t+jYw at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAFiYyc1_zii9XkwmzdJVd78zymgoQA=sydWcb2Y38m1u9tjKbA at mail dot gmail dot com> <524952A5 dot 3090900 at arm dot com>
Yes, that will do. Can you do it for me? I can't do testing easily
on arm myself.
On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 3:29 AM, Kyrill Tkachov <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Hi Richard, David,
>> In principle yes. Note that it changes the behavior of -O2
>> as -ftree-vectorize does not imply changing the default cost model. I am
>> fine with that, but eventually this will have some testsuite fallout.
> Indeed I am observing a regression with this patch on arm-none-eabi in
> Seems that the cheap vectoriser model doesn't do unaligned stores (as
> expected I think?). Is adding -fvect-cost-model=dynamic to the test options
> the correct approach?