This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH i386 3/8] [AVX512] [1/n] Add AVX-512 patterns: VF iterator extended.
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Kirill Yukhin <kirill dot yukhin at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Uros Bizjak <ubizjak at gmail dot com>, Vladimir Makarov <vmakarov at redhat dot com>, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 10:04:30 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH i386 3/8] [AVX512] [1/n] Add AVX-512 patterns: VF iterator extended.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20130808112524 dot GA40277 at msticlxl57 dot ims dot intel dot com> <20130814072638 dot GD52726 at msticlxl57 dot ims dot intel dot com> <52129604 dot 6040305 at redhat dot com> <20130827183717 dot GB42618 at msticlxl57 dot ims dot intel dot com>
On 08/27/2013 11:37 AM, Kirill Yukhin wrote:
>> This patch is still far too large.
>> I think you should split it up based on every single mode iterator that
>> you need to add or change.
> Problem is that some iterators are depend on each other, so patches are
> not going to be tiny.
> Here is 1st one. It extends VF iterator - biggest impact I believe
> Is it Ok?
> 1. Bootstrap pass.
> 2. make check shows no regressions.
> 3. Spec 2000 & 2006 build show no regressions both with and without -mavx512f option.
> 4. Spec 2000 & 2006 run shows no stability regressions without -mavx512f option.