This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Cleanup Linux libc selection and Android support
- From: Maxim Kuvyrkov <maxim at kugelworks dot com>
- To: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: Alexander Ivchenko <aivchenk at gmail dot com>
- Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 08:26:49 +1200
- Subject: Cleanup Linux libc selection and Android support
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Following recent breakage caused by adding nominal Android support to all *linux* targets [*] this patch series cleans up libc selection for Linux targets (-mglibc/-muclibc/-mbionic), splits libc selection logic from Android support, and removes Android handling from targets that don't support it.
Special thanks goes to Alexander who tested and reviewed initial versions of these patches and fixed several problems.
The patch series was tested on various Linux and uClinux targets including arm, bfin, c6x, m68k, mips, powerpc, x86, x86_64.
Patches will be posted in their separate threads, and below is a summary. Individually the patches are all borderline trivial.
Reviews and approvals are welcome!
Mechanical rename of files in preparation for splitting Android handling from libc selection.
Mechanical rename of functions.
Consolidate definitions of libc target hooks in linux.h
Split Android handling from libc selection and remove Android handling from targets that don't support it.