This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [v3] More noexcept -- 3rd
- From: Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>
- To: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: Marc Glisse <marc dot glisse at inria dot fr>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 18:00:55 +0200
- Subject: Re: [v3] More noexcept -- 3rd
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 02 dot 1309181725480 dot 10748 at stedding dot saclay dot inria dot fr>
On 09/18/2013 05:51 PM, Marc Glisse wrote:
If I remember correctly, somebody invented that mild hack and suggested
it to indeed have a check as part of a constexpr function, not a trivial
task. Jon participated to that discussion. After a while I resurrected
that old discussion, tested the code and it appeared to work well. In
practice, are you experiencing specific problems with it?
some more containers...
In debug array, we already have throw in noexcept functions, but if I
understand correctly it is only because of syntax limitations for
functions and aborts before throwing, although the use of
_GLIBCXX_THROW_OR_ABORT is suspicious. In any case, I am not changing
with my patch.