This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[PATCH, ARM] Validate that target really supports LDRD/STRD before use
- From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- To: gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 15:00:50 +0100
- Subject: [PATCH, ARM] Validate that target really supports LDRD/STRD before use
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
On ARM targets that normally support LDRD/STRD there are tuning
parameters that express the preference for using these instructions over
LDM/STM. However, that's only a preference and when the architecture
and tuning options differ (for example, tuning for Cortex-A15 but using
the ARMv5 ISA) then it is essential to ensure that the architecture also
has the instructions.
2013-09-18 Richard Earnshaw <email@example.com>
* arm.c (arm_get_frame_offsets): Validate architecture supports
LDRD/STRD before accepting the tuning preference.
Committed to trunk. A 4.8 back-port will follow.