This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH], PR target/58452, Fix gcc 4.8/trunk linuxpaired breakage
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Michael Meissner <meissner at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 15:05:20 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH], PR target/58452, Fix gcc 4.8/trunk linuxpaired breakage
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20130918000349 dot GA22849 at ibm-tiger dot the-meissners dot org> <CAGWvnykO1BZU9BDg7BHqvPD8hWkJJPguGKryzf-xWTKP50H6jw at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 08:58:03AM -0400, David Edelsohn wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 8:03 PM, Michael Meissner
> <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> > While doing some work on power8, I wanted to make sure that for existing
> > systems, I was generating the same code. So I built some code and ran it
> > through various -mcpu=xxxx options. When I built a powerpc-linuxpaired
> > compiler, the compiler has trouble with a simple loop that should be
> > vectorized. I traced the code to changes in the vectorizer that required the
> > predicates for movmismalign* to accept memory operands.
> > I will do the usual bootstrap/make check tomorrow. Assuming it has no
> > regressions, can I check this patch it to both the 4.8 branch and trunk?
> > 2013-09-17 Michael Meissner <email@example.com>
> > PR target/58452
> > * config/rs6000/paired.md (movmisalignv2sf): Fix to allow memory
> > operaands.
s/aa/a/ in the ChangeLog entry.