This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH], PR target/58452, Fix gcc 4.8/trunk linuxpaired breakage
- From: David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: Michael Meissner <meissner at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 08:58:03 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH], PR target/58452, Fix gcc 4.8/trunk linuxpaired breakage
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20130918000349 dot GA22849 at ibm-tiger dot the-meissners dot org>
On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 8:03 PM, Michael Meissner
> While doing some work on power8, I wanted to make sure that for existing
> systems, I was generating the same code. So I built some code and ran it
> through various -mcpu=xxxx options. When I built a powerpc-linuxpaired
> compiler, the compiler has trouble with a simple loop that should be
> vectorized. I traced the code to changes in the vectorizer that required the
> predicates for movmismalign* to accept memory operands.
> I will do the usual bootstrap/make check tomorrow. Assuming it has no
> regressions, can I check this patch it to both the 4.8 branch and trunk?
> 2013-09-17 Michael Meissner <email@example.com>
> PR target/58452
> * config/rs6000/paired.md (movmisalignv2sf): Fix to allow memory