This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch, AArch64, ILP32] 1/5 Initial support - configury changes
- From: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- To: Yufeng Zhang <Yufeng dot Zhang at arm dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Marcus Shawcroft <Marcus dot Shawcroft at arm dot com>
- Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 14:01:33 +0200
- Subject: Re: [Patch, AArch64, ILP32] 1/5 Initial support - configury changes
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <51CB6AAE dot 8030101 at arm dot com> <51CB6C3A dot 3010102 at arm dot com> <CA+=Sn1=k6Eu7tMxib8b0PmJa=npNr+cGC7wmYSQZ5eZGWnEggQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <51D32190 dot 4060908 at arm dot com> <mvmmwna8m78 dot fsf at hawking dot suse dot de> <52398279 dot 2020100 at arm dot com>
Yufeng Zhang <Yufeng.Zhang@arm.com> writes:
> Ah, I didn't think too much at then on the backward compatibility issue
> with binutils-2_23. One potential solution can be to backport part of
> configury change from binutils trunk to 2_23. Can I ask if there is any
> particular reason that you wouldn't like to build the trunk compiler with
> the trunk binutils?
You also get the error with a slightly older binutils trunk. There
should be a configure check instead of failing to build. It should
either require that the assembler is new enough, or drop the unknown
option (for aarch64-linux where multilibs are not enabled you don't need
Andreas Schwab, SUSE Labs, email@example.com
GPG Key fingerprint = 0196 BAD8 1CE9 1970 F4BE 1748 E4D4 88E3 0EEA B9D7
"And now for something completely different."