This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [buildrobot] [PATCH] r202527: ssa / ssanames restructure broke alpha-linux
- From: Richard Biener <rguenther at suse dot de>
- To: Uros Bizjak <ubizjak at gmail dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Jan-Benedict Glaw <jbglaw at lug-owl dot de>
- Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 13:40:30 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: [buildrobot] [PATCH] r202527: ssa / ssanames restructure broke alpha-linux
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAFULd4bRbauJcNx1bM-GY7gau=kqMc3+Gb8AqZ+vTGd0kqw7fA at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAFULd4ZEWA=b2jKdPsksYL0JzcCFtEXam5_g53m=Ws+zdDv6oQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Mon, 16 Sep 2013, Uros Bizjak wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 11:06 AM, Uros Bizjak <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> >> My Build Robot found this recent commit to break Alpha:
> >> * tree-flow.h (FREE_SSANAMES): Move to tree-ssanames.c
> >> (SSANAMES, MODIFIED_NORETURN_CALLS, DEFAULT_DEFS, ptr_info_def,
> >> num_ssa_names, ssa_name): Move to tree-ssanames.h + prototypes.
> >> * tree-flow-inline.h (make_ssa_name, copy_ssa_name, duplicate_ssa_name,
> >> make_temp_ssa_name): move to tree-ssanames.h
> >> * tree-ssa-alias.h: Move prototype.
> >> * tree-ssa.h: Include tree-ssanames.h.
> >> * tree-ssanames.c (FREE_SSANAMES): Move to here.
> >> * tree-ssanames.h: New. Move items from tree-flow*.h
> >> * Makefile.in (tree-ssanames.h): Add to tree-ssanames.o and GTFILES.
> >> See for example this build log:
> >> http://toolchain.lug-owl.de/buildbot/showlog.php?id=11663&mode=view
> >> I suggest this patch, which fixes an alpha-linux build for me:
> >> 2013-09-13 Jan-Benedict Glaw <email@example.com>
> >> * config/alpha.c: Include tree-ssa.h.
> > Thanks, I have tested the patch and commit it to the mainline to
> > restore bootstrap.
> Richi noted that:
> I think you can remove the tree-flow.h include and you need to update the
> dependencies in gcc/Makefile.in.
> However, we still need tree-flow.h, but instead of tree-ssa.h, we can
> include tree-ssanames.h:
My point was that tree-ssa.h now includes tree-flow.h. But yes,
making it even more specific works for me as well.
> I will commit attached incremental patch, once bootstrap finish.
> Index: alpha.c
> --- alpha.c (revision 202621)
> +++ alpha.c (working copy)
> @@ -50,7 +50,7 @@
> #include "splay-tree.h"
> #include "gimple.h"
> #include "tree-flow.h"
> -#include "tree-ssa.h"
> +#include "tree-ssanames.h"
> #include "tree-stdarg.h"
> #include "tm-constrs.h"
> #include "df.h"
Richard Biener <firstname.lastname@example.org>
SUSE / SUSE Labs
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH - Nuernberg - AG Nuernberg - HRB 16746
GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imend