This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [v3] More noexcept for vectors
- From: Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>
- To: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org, Marc Glisse <marc dot glisse at inria dot fr>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2013 17:53:22 +0200
- Subject: Re: [v3] More noexcept for vectors
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 02 dot 1309141228580 dot 9493 at stedding dot saclay dot inria dot fr> <770d7b77-69e8-48ea-a7d4-5a6ca499cf83 at email dot android dot com> <a7b55575-dc1a-4015-8a4c-fc8adcfc941f at email dot android dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1309141716050 dot 10149 at laptop-mg dot saclay dot inria dot fr>
>I was going one file at a time, and the priority is clearly
>"release"-mode, since this is about performance. I don't think there is
>anything wrong with debug-mode having a different exception
>(it is already binary-incompatible with the default mode) but I
>why people may want to keep some consistency. I can do vector in the
>modes next if you want.
Yes, please. As boring as it may seem, I'm trying to convince myself and the other contributors to keep the modes up to date and consistent as much as possible. If one day we figure out that we can't, we don't have enough man power it will mean we have to remove the special modes (or only some of them) from svn.