This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch libstdc++]: Enable use of 'long long' for mingw targets
- From: Kai Tietz <ktietz70 at googlemail dot com>
- To: Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 11:27:50 +0200
- Subject: Re: [patch libstdc++]: Enable use of 'long long' for mingw targets
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAEwic4aN0OT=sMTq7KEWE+Pf9SZiWi3UPcE8SEx5-1HA7BFFaw at mail dot gmail dot com> <5232DA08 dot 9040703 at oracle dot com>
2013/9/13 Paolo Carlini <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
> On 09/13/2013 08:51 AM, Kai Tietz wrote:
>> this patch enables the 'long long' use in libstdc++ for Windows native
>> 2013-09-13 Kai Tietz <email@example.com>
>> * config/os/mingw32/os_defines.h (_GLIBCXX_USE_LONG_LONG):
>> Enable feature.
>> * config/os/mingw-w64/os_defines.h (_GLIBCXX_USE_LONG_LONG):
>> Tested for i686-w64-mingw32, and x86_64-w64-mingw32. I will apply
>> soon, if there are no objections.
> Not a real objection, but I don't understand why you need this. The
> configure routine is called as:
> thus is on by default (of course) and then it doesn't carry out any special
> test, you can really assume _GLIBCXX_USE_LONG_LONG to be defined, unless
> whoever runs configure explicitly wants it undefined.
The check for this is broken for some Windows targets, due printf
doesn't support in all cases the %ll width modifier.
So why probing, if we know it works.