This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] [x86] Incorrect naming of FMA Builtins in documentation.
- From: Uros Bizjak <ubizjak at gmail dot com>
- To: Cameron McInally <cameron dot mcinally at nyu dot edu>
- Cc: gcc patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 11:24:21 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] [x86] Incorrect naming of FMA Builtins in documentation.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAKs25gOd8cYRdLQ+JZh3uaowW=X8f+M_nw88kxSKZq+8sK4QhA at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 11:48 PM, Cameron McInally
> Hey guys,
> It appears that there are errors in the x86 FMA Builtins
> documentation. The FMA instruction names should be prefixed with a
> 'v'. Also the FMA instructions operate on XMM/YMM registers, not MMX
> Please find a Patch and ChangeLog attached for both issues. I do not
> have commit access.
Thanks, I have committed slightly changed patch. I just removed the
part where registers are mentioned everywhere.