This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[ping**(n+1)] reimplement -fstrict-volatile-bitfields, v3
- From: Sandra Loosemore <sandra at codesourcery dot com>
- To: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- Cc: <bernd dot edlinger at hotmail dot de>, Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 16:57:44 -0600
- Subject: [ping**(n+1)] reimplement -fstrict-volatile-bitfields, v3
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5224DF56 dot 7040901 at codesourcery dot com>
On 09/02/2013 12:56 PM, Sandra Loosemore wrote:
On 09/02/2013 03:10 AM, Richard Biener wrote:
Can someone, in a new thread, ping the patches that are still in
flight? ISTR having approved bits of some patches before my leave.
Here's the current state of the patch set I put together. I've lost
track of where the canonical version of Bernd's followup patch is.
On 07/09/2013 10:23 AM, Sandra Loosemore wrote:
On 06/30/2013 09:24 PM, Sandra Loosemore wrote:
Here is my third attempt at cleaning up -fstrict-volatile-bitfields.
Part 1 removes the warnings and packedp flag. It is the same as in the
last version, and has already been approved. I'll skip reposting it
since the patch is here already:
Part 2 replaces parts 2, 3, and 4 in the last version. I've re-worked
this code significantly to try to address Bernd Edlinger's comments on
the last version in PR56997.
Part 2: http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2013-07/msg00001.html
Part 3 is the test cases, which are the same as in the last version.
Nobody has reviewed these but I assume they are OK if Part 2 is
Part 4 is new; it makes -fstrict-volatile-bitfields not be the default
for any target any more. It is independent of the other changes.
Part 4: http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2013-07/msg00002.html