This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] Remove unused macro and functions from tree-flow.h and tree-flow-inline.h
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Andrew MacLeod <amacleod at redhat dot com>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 07:27:46 +0200
- Subject: Re: [patch] Remove unused macro and functions from tree-flow.h and tree-flow-inline.h
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <522E6EFE dot 2080602 at redhat dot com> <522E8654 dot 8030505 at redhat dot com>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Mon, Sep 09, 2013 at 08:39:16PM -0600, Jeff Law wrote:
> On 09/09/2013 06:59 PM, Andrew MacLeod wrote:
> >Whilst poking around, I discovered these hast table functions and the
> >macro are no longer used anywhere in the compiler.
> >bootstraps on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu.
> >Probably obvious but in case I missed something... OK?
> If they're unused, eliminate them. OK for the trunk.
Those macros were added last year together with hash-table.h,
just nothing uses them so far, but they are counterparts of the
hashtab.h traversal function which is used in various parts.
So removing it is IMHO a mistake.