This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFC: patch to build GCC for arm with LRA
- From: Yvan Roux <yvan dot roux at linaro dot org>
- To: Yvan Roux <yvan dot roux at linaro dot org>, Vladimir Makarov <vmakarov at redhat dot com>, Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at arm dot com>, Ramana Radhakrishnan <Ramana dot Radhakrishnan at arm dot com>, Matthew Gretton-Dann <matthew dot gretton-dann at linaro dot org>, Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>, "rdsandiford at googlemail dot com" <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>
- Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2013 11:43:33 +0200
- Subject: Re: RFC: patch to build GCC for arm with LRA
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAD57uCfSsANZvkMHmKphMHRnAxJNXGBxGEmSfhHSYwR7Jg9H-Q at mail dot gmail dot com> <877geri40k dot fsf at talisman dot default> <522D06E4 dot 1050602 at redhat dot com> <CAD57uCfpzd-7fKODP1oyWhY9f1QW2J=3BpMT3LAUMqC82Xvy0g at mail dot gmail dot com> <87zjrmgytu dot fsf at talisman dot default> <87vc2agymo dot fsf at talisman dot default>
Thanks for noticing it Richard, I made a refactoring mistake and addr
was supposed to be used instead of x. In fact on AArch64 it occurs
that we don't have stripped rtxes at this step and we have some of the
form below, this if why I added the strip.
(insn 29 27 5 7 (set (mem:SI (plus:DI (sign_extract:DI (mult:DI
(subreg:DI (reg/v:SI 76 [ elt ]) 0)
I'll redo the patch...
On 9 September 2013 10:58, Richard Sandiford <email@example.com> wrote:
> Richard Sandiford <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
>> I think SIGN_EXTRACT from the lsb (i.e. when the third operand is 0 for
>> !BITS_BIG_ENDIAN or GET_MODE_PRECISION (mode) - 1 for BITS_BIG_ENDIAN)
> Gah, "GET_MODE_PRECISION (mode) - size" for BITS_BIG_ENDIAN.