This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch to gcc/function] PR 58362
- From: Richard Biener <rguenther at suse dot de>
- To: Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>
- Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2013 09:46:37 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: [Patch to gcc/function] PR 58362
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <522CCF1B dot 8080007 at oracle dot com>
On Sun, 8 Sep 2013, Paolo Carlini wrote:
> this patchlet fixes the column # of the unused parameter warnings emitted by
> do_warn_unused_parameter by explicitly passing DECL_SOURCE_LOCATION (decl)
> instead of wrongly relying on '+', which in this case ends up meaning the
> location of the function declaration. Tested x86_64-linux.
I would have expected %q+D to use the location of the corresponding
decl, not some random other location. So, isn't the bug in the
C++ frontend diagnostic machinery?