This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [diagnostic patch] PR 54941
- From: Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>
- To: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2013 15:59:58 +0200
- Subject: Re: [diagnostic patch] PR 54941
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <522C74E1 dot 50305 at oracle dot com> <CAAiZkiAVnAEAB=TWuvfuaifzkBE9gLwzg86eUk+gsqVbfc7Cmw at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 09/08/2013 03:41 PM, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
On Sun, Sep 8, 2013 at 8:00 AM, Paolo Carlini <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
Hi all, Gaby,
in this bug Manuel noticed that the zeros in the diagnostic lines of the
don't provide useful information. Thus the below just avoids printing the
zeros basing directly on the file name: admittedly, it may seem a bit gross,
but in practice the strcmp would often fail early, and should be rather
efficient anyway because the second argument is known at compile-time.
For builtins, we probably do not want to print the line number
and the column number (both of which are zero).
I agree. This is exactly what my patch does, isn't it?