This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [diagnostic patch] PR 54941
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>
- To: Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2013 08:41:46 -0500
- Subject: Re: [diagnostic patch] PR 54941
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <522C74E1 dot 50305 at oracle dot com>
On Sun, Sep 8, 2013 at 8:00 AM, Paolo Carlini <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Hi all, Gaby,
> in this bug Manuel noticed that the zeros in the diagnostic lines of the
> <built-in>:0:0: ....
> don't provide useful information. Thus the below just avoids printing the
> zeros basing directly on the file name: admittedly, it may seem a bit gross,
> but in practice the strcmp would often fail early, and should be rather
> efficient anyway because the second argument is known at compile-time.
For builtins, we probably do not want to print the line number
and the column number (both of which are zero).
> Tested x86_64-linux.