This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [i386, AVX-512F, pr58269] Partial fix for PR58269: properly initialize last EXT REX SSE register.
- From: Mike Stump <mikestump at comcast dot net>
- To: Iain Sandoe <iain at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Kirill Yukhin <kirill dot yukhin at gmail dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 11:32:59 -0700
- Subject: Re: [i386, AVX-512F, pr58269] Partial fix for PR58269: properly initialize last EXT REX SSE register.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20130906083457 dot GA31758 at msticlxl57 dot ims dot intel dot com> <CAFULd4bVPiwim=qw7ZOSKmsFTVVGtSnN2C=F_iZ0BPsrWb2fDQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <20130906092944 dot GP23437 at tucnak dot redhat dot com> <74B4E75F-BDAC-4865-9CF4-F947FD77C15D at codesourcery dot com>
On Sep 6, 2013, at 3:04 AM, Iain Sandoe <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Thanks for Ilya's input on the PR thread.
> Here's what I propose for the remainder of the fix (FAOD, I cannot approve the Darwin changes).
> Mike: Actually, since this seems to have uncovered a pre-existing wrong code bug, perhaps (this part of the) fix should also be applied to open branches?
Bad wrong code gen I think is suitable for the release branches. I double checked llvm:
and it seems to match.